Corgis, fluff ball angels that seem to have fallen from the sky for their undeniable cuteness and endearing aura. They have been called countless times the most adorable diet dogs, compared to the other breeds because of their short-built body, and their ears as high as the sky. Their popularity grows and grows and many are falling for what they can offer their attractiveness, and the great set of positive qualities, and every silly thing they love doing in between.
If you want to own a pet Corgi for yourself, taking good care of their health is a non-negotiable that you must prioritize, and most of this accounts for how healthy and how effective your feeding practices are for your corgi. Curious where to get started? I got you covered!
Corgis, as any other dog breeds are there, are carnivores. The majority of their diet should contain meat, and should also be supplemented by fruits and vegetables since they contain beneficial vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, together with enzymes and phytonutrients that are not found in meats. A good, well and balanced diet is ideal and this is what it looks like.
So, it should manifest as 70% high-quality dog foods, with 15% serving of healthful vegetables and 15% serving of refreshing and tasteful fruits.
Best Corgi Dog Foods
Rache Ray is a holistic dog food that contains six powerful and healthful ingredients namely lamb meal, chicken meal, chicken fat, beef pulp and ground and brown rice. High quality, no artificial preservatives, and of course, nutritious and packed with protein, to support your corgi’s optimum health condition.
Wellness Core is an innovative healthy dog food that formulated reduced-fat grain-free formula that aids in weight loss nutrition. Corgis are prone to weight gain and obesity, if their physical stimulation is continuously
neglected, and being the foodie they are, weight gain can occur even if you do not plan it from happening or foresee it. Its ingredients are chicken meal, turkey meal, and deboned turkey, with fiber to aid for healthy digestion and promote healthy ideal weight.
Canidae is a grain-free dog food that is made of chicken meat, with a range of whole foods to serve healthful benefits, these are potatoes, whole eggs, and peas. It is also high in fiber and perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs, or unhealthy digestion. Made with healthy probiotics that aid stomach health.
Origen will secure your Corgi with 38% crude protein and 18% beneficial crude fat. Ideal for their highly energetic nature, since this will make them active by securing sufficient energy throughout the day. It is made with 85% animal meat, and 15% fruits and veggies. High nutritious and beneficial indeed, and very tasty.
Instinct is another holistic dog diet food that is formulated to have 37% crude protein and 20% healthy fats. It gives excellent energy boosts to support your corgis, nutrients that aid to their holistic health one of which is a moderate amount of fiber, for good stomach health.
Human Food for Corgis
If you want to cook it yourself, instead of dog food, it is great as well. Do remember to buy high-quality, fresh and organic meats. Also, follow the guide of giving them 70% of it.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes and potatoes
- Sweet corns
The Process of Feeding Them: Do’s and Don’ts
- Do feed your corgis for anywhere from ⅓ to ¾ of a cup, twice a day. There are no exact measurements really, but vets do consider this as a standard guide.
- Do provide them water for hydration and place them all over the house so that it will be accessible to them at all times they want.
- Do portion their treats throughout the day. Corgis are fond of foods and treats. To avoid them overeating or abusing it, set a limit to just five treats per day and use them wisely, as rewards or as motivators for good behavior.
- Do not underfeed or overfeed them. You cannot restrict their foods as foods are their fuel to get their day going and it plays a crucial part for their health and well-being. Also, overfeeding them will lead to obesity, which can lead to a series of serious medical conditions. Instead be mindful and be responsible when you are feeding them.
- Do not forget to sanitize their feeding equipment, their feeding bowls and water bowls. Clean them to ensure safety, as neglecting it can upset their stomach, and can be a gateway to alarming diseases. Do not abandon their feeding needs; do not abandon this beginner feeding guide.
Ready to Feed Them?
Corgis are definitely a dog breed for anyone who is fond of cuteness and endearing aura. They can make a very good companion with lots of love and affection to give, they also live a very long life. So, are you curious, or perhaps are now eager and persuaded to own your very own corgi dog? Do remember to practice responsible pet ownership, and take good care of their feeding, health, relationship, and every other need in between.