There are a lot of things you need to consider before you want to buy an adult or puppy Miniature Schnauzer. Make sure you are really committed in this relationship before you purchase your first dog. Here are some questions you need to answer:
- Am I capable of training a puppy?
- How much time could I give to my puppy for training?
- Can I be with my puppy in most parts of the day and night?
- Am I patient with puppies?
In the upcoming section, we will be giving you the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing your puppy or adult Miniature Schnauzer. Make sure you think these things through especially consider your environment and situation.
ADVANTAGES OF A PUPPY MINIATURE SCHNAUZER
- A puppy will be a cute and lovable additional member of your family.
- Puppies are a great addition for individuals and families that want to have a younger animal inside their house.
- You can provide your own training and socialization for the puppy. This will ensure that you will have a healthy, happy, and well-behaved dog.
- If you have bought the Miniature Schnauzer from a reputable breeder, you can be sure that the dog will stay with you for the longest time possible. You should also give the best care, nutrition, and vet treatment.
DISADVANTAGES OF A MINIATURE SCHNAUZER PUPPY
- You need to provide a lot of time and effort to successfully train your puppy. This can be very difficult to manage especially those who have a job and a family to raise every day.
- A Miniature Schnauzer puppy is like a newborn, especially for the first few months. You need to be there twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
- You need to socialize your puppy to new environment and animals.
- Puppies go through difficult stages; you may need to protect your household items unless you want to to be destroyed or broken.
- You need to spend time housebreaking your pet. There are a lot of techniques to housebreak your pet, but it depends on how you raise it.
- You may not know the whole history of the family and the puppy if you had gotten it from the shelter.
You can also purchase an adult Miniature Schnauzer. Here, we will give you the advantages and disadvantages of this category.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ADULT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER
- You can choose the size, temperament, behavior, and appearance of the dog.
- Adult dogs are already housebroken and trained, which can save time, patience, and household items.
- Adult dogs know how to behave well inside a house, this will lessen training time.
- They are less stressed and calmer when in a new environment.
- Responses well to commands.
DISADVANTAGES OF AN ADULT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER
- Some adult Miniature Schnauzers carry the bad habits they have learned from their previous owners. You may re-train the dog for it to behave in an acceptable way.
- Adult Miniature Schnauzer may require a period of adjustment in their new environment, so they might not listen to you at first. You need to give attention and time to fully bond with your dog and your family.
- Adult dogs may have a difficulty in socializing with other animals; you need to give attention in introducing your dog with other pets.
These are just some of the points that you need to consider if you want to purchase an adult or puppy. Either if you want to purchase an adult or puppy dog, you need to give it attention and love, if you have given these two requirements – your dog will immediately feel at home and be a part of the family.