When it comes to tips in feeding your rottweilers, make sure to check the nutritional content and value of the food you are about to give to your dog. Tips in feeding your rottweilers, make sure that it contains enough protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. In this article, you’ll learn some tips in feeding your rottweilers.
- Purchase products with a stamp of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). By this way, you can ensure that the dog food you’ll buy is healthy and approved by veterinarians.
- Be knowledgeable of how much food your dog needs. Make sure that you won’t overfeed nor underfeed your dog.
- Put your dog’s food in a bowl where he will learn to slow down like the ones with posts.
- Make sure that the food type you give to your dog has the necessary dietary needs based on their age, weight, and level of activity.
- Follow meal times as schedules. Try to feed your dog at the same time each day.
- Limit giving out treats for your dog in order to prevent obesity.
- Feed your dog in a good place reserved just for him. It is best to pick an empty corner for him to enjoy his meal without anyone or anything that will distract him
- Never forget to supply your dog with adequate water at all times. Ensure that he has access to water whenever it is necessary for him to drink. Refill his water bowl every now and then.
- Ask for your veterinarian’s advice on the feeding techniques you can utilize for your pet.
Feeding Amount and Frequency
The amount and how often you need to feed your dog actually depends on its size, age, and activity level. But here are some general guidelines as to the amount and frequency of feeding your rottweiler dog.
- Be sure that you feed your dog during scheduled times for them to know when to expect meals. If for example you have scheduled 3 meals per day for your 4-6-month puppy and it constantly refuses one meal, you can adjust making it 2 meals per day. Dogs over 6 months can eat 2 times a day but if there’s an indication that it only needs one meal, switch into one meal per day.
- The more active your dog is the more it requires energy from food. It is recommended that your dog eats the amount of food 2-3% of its desired body weight per day. For example, if your dog weighs 100lb, you can feed them 2-3 pounds of food every day. If your dog is highly active, it needs something closer to 3% while if it has a slower metabolism 2% will do.
- Do not force your pet to eat just because you want it to grow bigger and faster.
- Ask for your veterinarian’s advice as to how frequent and as to how much you should feed your dog. It still best to seek a professional’s advice.